Helpful Videos, Clinical Studies, Medical Journal Articles and Links:
Total Pancreatectomy with Auto Islet Transplant (TP/AIT or TP/IAT) and Pancreatitis info
- Total Pancreatectomy and Islet Autotransplantation for Chronic Pancreatitis – Journal of the American College of Surgeons
- Watch Livestream broadcast video of Nov. 2011, Dr. David E. R. Sutherland and Dr. Melena Bellin covering pancreatitis, diabetes and the Total Pancreatectomy with Auto Islet Transplant from University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview and University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital covered by Kids Who Care Foundation.
- Watch video of Aug. 2011, Dr. Melena Bellin – Quality of Life Improves for Pediatric Patients After Total Pancreatectomy and Islet Autotransplant for Chronic Pancreatitis from University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital.
- View article of 2011, Pediatric Pancreatectomy and Islet Auto-Transplant Program information from University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview and University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital. Information on pediatric chronic pancreatitis treatment.
- View video of Dec. 2010, Dr. Katherine Morgan as she discusses how the Auto Islet Transplant works at Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC). Hear from patient Sarah Gibbins.
- View clinical medical article of June 2008, Minnesota Medical – Approach to Acute, Recurrent, and Chronic Pancreatitis by Timothy P. Kinney, M.D., and Martin L. Freeman, M.D. Covers Diagnosing Pancreatitis, Acute Pancreatitis, Autoimmune Pancreatitis, Microlithiasis and Occult Gallstones, Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction, Pancreas Divisum, Tumors, Rare Causes, Chronic Pancreatitis.
- View medical journal of 2006, American Journal of Gastroenterology – Practice Guidelines in Acute Pancreatitis by Peter A. Banks, M.D., M.A.C.G.; Martin L. Freeman, M.D., F.A.C.G.; and the Practice Parameters Committee of the American College of Gastroenterology. A review of clinical results of acute pancreatitis.
Sphincter of oddi Dysfunction info:
- Listen to Podcast of Dr. Cotton as he talks about sphincter of Oddi dysfunction and a clinical study. (View the written interview.) Dr. Cotton, founder of MUSC Digestive Disease Center, gives insight on sphincter of Oddi disease and treatment.
- View study of May 2008, Evaluating Predictors & Interventions in Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD) EPISOD – Clinical study for SOD III patients. Clinical study done at Minnesota: University of Minnesota, South Carolina: Medical University of South Carolina Digestive Disease Center, Indiana: Indiana University, Texas: Methodist Dallas Medical Center, California: Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Connecticut: Yale University, Washington: Virginia Mason Medical Center or Missouri: Midwest Therapeutic Endoscopy Consultants.
- View medical journal article of March 2010, Practical Gastroenterology – Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD) by Abhijit Kulkarn, Disease of the Billiary Tract, Series 2 – Rad M. Agrawal, M.D., Series Editor. Covers introduction, classification, diagnosis, diagnostic method and therapy of SOD.
- View clinical article of 2009, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy – EUS-based Criteria for the Diagnosis of Chronic Pancreatitis: The Rosemont Classiﬁcation by Marc F. Catalano, MD; Anand Sahai, MD; Michael Levy, MD; Joseph Romagnuolo, MD; Maurits Wiersema, MD; William Brugge, MD; Martin Freeman, MD; Kenji Yamao, MD; Marcia Canto, MD; Lyndon V. Hernandez, MD.